Mauritius is heaven on earth travelling with or without kids.
We chose Mauritius because of the following reasons:
- The island is surrounded by more than 150 km of white sandy beaches and the lagoons are protected from the open sea by the world’s third largest coral reef, which surrounds the island. There are lots of beautiful childfriendly beaches.
- Tropical climate. There are 2 seasons: a warm humid summer from November to April, with a mean temperature of 24.7 °C and a relatively cool dry winter from June to September with a mean temperature of 20.4 °C.
- Peaceful destination. Mauritius has a low crime rate and Hinduists, Islamists and Budhists live in peace among each other.
- Lots of activities with kids.
- The timezone is only 3 hours ahead of Denmark. (9 hours ahead of New York)
- Most Mauritians speak English and French beside the local Creole, which makes it easy to communicate.
- There are no tropical diseases like maleria.
- Great healtcare – so no need to worry should anyone need a hospital during your holiday.
- Mauritius is 65 km long and 45 km wide, therefore you can explore it all in a rather short time and do not need to use a lot of time on transportation.
- Lots of private holiday rentals making it possible to travel budget in a luxery destination.
- It is possible to buy all you need for your kids in the big supermarkets in the following cities: Flic en flac/Grand Baie/Port Louis/Central Flacq.
- Great kitesurfing in the east and in the south.
Share on Facebook